Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Past and the Future

I suppose the first order of business is introducing myself. I’m Morgan. I’m an old friend of Megan’s and she asked me to guest post on her lovely blog. I’m so excited. I’ve never guest-blogged before. When she asked me to post during her break I immediately became worried about what on earth I would talk about. My blog is more of a journal-entry type deal, but you all, surely, wouldn’t be all that interested in that sort of thing. I’ve decided to discuss my most recent project.



I’ve begun to kinda-sorta-maybe write my autobiography, but I’m not meaning to sound conceited. See, I’m the type of person that loves to reminisce the good ol’ days. I LOVE going through scrapbooks, reading others journals or my own, no matter how meager it is, and especially just sitting down and sharing random memories that I share with other people. However, I’m not a person that remembers to bring her camera and catch every living moment (and when on occasion I do remember, the pictures look awful. Cameras are one part of technology I’ve never been able to master), but I do have a rather fantabulous memory that can pull up random small memories from the past. These little glimpses of life make me SO happy and giddy. For that you may think me insane, but I can’t explain why they brighten my day. They just do. SO, I started a word document that I can turn to at any given moment throughout the day and record any random memories I have happened to remember, and man have they REALLY piled up. I would like to share some of them with you, particularly the ones that involve Megan (and for a bit of color and visual, there are some pictures too J)
(Note: these are in no particular order)



I remember how we were OBSESSED with the Disney movie Hocus Pocus. It was one of our favorites and we would always ride the arms of the couch like they were brooms while we watched. We had our favorite witch that we played as and everything. I also remember my dad watching us and thinking we were crazy, silly girls ;)
We always went to her house and rode the swings on our stomachs, acting like we were flying. That was my favorite feeling. It was also our spot that we went to “talk”.
And of course, there was the time when Aaron Carter was where it was at. We would take his CD and blast it in Megan’s CD player in her backyard, dancing and singer like we were his backup dancers. Hahaha.



Megan was (and still is) an AMAZING friend. When I was about 8 years old, I had a horrible bike accident that scraped off majority of the skin on my face. I had just gotten back from the doctor, where they had cleaned the wounds by scraping them fresh so that it would heal from the inside out to prevent scarring. I was in the backseat of the car, my dad taking me to Firehouse subs to grab dinner. We stopped so that he could talk to Megan’s mom. Megan and two other friends (Savannah and Taylor) were playing in the yard and ran up to the window to say ‘hi,’ when they saw the bandages. They looked shocked and then ran off. I was a little hurt. They had to have thought I was ugly, my face swollen and covered up with gauze and band-aids, and they were able to go outside and play, while I had instructions to not go out in direct sunlight for a month. I was a delightful surprise when they came by later that evening with a bunch of hand-picked wild flowers to see how I was doing. Their visit meant so much to me. I kept the flowers for as long as I could, until they died.

Oh, and I bet she won’t believe that I can remember this, but I remember hoping that I’d have recess in preschool at the same time as her, so that we could play, which did not happen very often to my disappointment. I also remember, for a time, convincing my mother to let me go to the preschool’s extended-day, again so that I could have more time with her. I don’t understand why, though, since we lived only five houses down from each other.
These little memories are what I LOVE. I’m so excited to record all of these little small things to look back on later. It’s one way to journal, I suppose. Instead of recording in the moment, re-hash everything before you forget. My mom mentioned that she can’t remember things from that early in her life like I can now, and I imagine I won’t be able to remember them either if I let any more time pass.

I love you, Meg! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I'm super jealous reading this, haha. Wish I'd been there sometimes. :(
    We need a reunion...

    ReplyDelete