Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Remember.




11 years since the attack of the Twin Towers.
11 years since so many families lost their friends and loved ones.
11 years since so many noble and courageous men and women who serve our country died.
11 years since those who we look up to as Heros helped with the tragic event that happened on September 11, 2001.
11 years since I was in 3rd grade.



I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the 3rd grade, that day we were doing an eye exam. My mom was there helping out. She came up to me and told me a plane crashed into the Twin Towers in New York City. I remember being so shocked and couldn't believe someone would do such a horrible thing. I remember my teacher turning our TV in the classroom and watching the plane crash into the towers over and over and over again. I remember all the terrifying screams and crys  coming from those people on the street. I remember watching it on TV at our house and at my friends house. it was everywhere for weeks! As a 9 year old I remember it being important and I felt bad for all the people who had died and suffered through that horrible event, but I was tired of watching it, I wanted to watch my shows.



I went babysitting over the weekend, and the kids who were no older than 10 were talking about it. I then realized that they weren't even born when this event happened! Man did I feel SUPER old. They weren't even BORN!! So crazy.


Every year it amazes me how quickly the year has gone when we get to this day. I will never forget this day. I will always be so thankful for the men and women who make this country safe and free. Thank you. I can't wait until the day i get to go and visit the memorial!





No comments:

Post a Comment